Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Greek Eye

Another gorgeous day on the greek isles! Seriously, buying a summer house here when I become rich...

Woke up fairly early today so I could lay out (and finished reading a book!) I then decided while everyone else was eating that I would walk around the other side of the island. Well, it was bigger than I though, so I stopped walking after 45 minutes, but I did see some beautiful views!! (Also, stumbled upon a nude beach!)

I walked into town the other way around the island and decided to eat at the White Cat again. The guy was so happy to have me back, but said they were out of kebabs (which was my favorite dish from the day before). He said we would make something special for me, and that it would be just as good. I told him it better be! Turns out it was better! It was still kebabs but made with different meat and it was divine. He then brought me a free expresso since it was my second time there and I told everyone in the group to go there too (and they did). Also, bird ate lunch with me. I'm not kidding...it literally sat on the other end of the table for about 3 minutes. Wasn't afraid of me at all...

I went further into town to shop for a bit and met a lady who explained to me what the blue Greek eye meant. Apparently it wards of evil and brings good luck! The first present a Greek child gets is a necklace (boys get a cross with the eye and girls get a madonna). So I bought some t-shirts and headed back...

But then I got distracted and wandered in yet another direction to see more pretty views. I found a beautiful grave yard. You think, a grave yard? Beautiful? But it was! All white with flowers everywhere. Even the bottoms of the trees were painted white. After my walk I headed back, swam in the ocean, ate a dinner of Muflaka (I think that's what it's called...) It's some Greek dish that is really good. It has meat, cheese, potato, cinnamon and something else I think...

Then it was Greek toga time! We had a toga party out back by the pool (I had to tie all of the boys for them). And tomorrow morning we leave for Athens...as excited as I am for Athens, I really don't want to leave paradise...

Also some things about Greece that aren't so perfect (I know, I don't want to ruin the beautiful picture I've painted for you, but I do want to keep things truthful). 1. There are lots of stray cats and dogs 2. There are bugs...they aren't too too bad on the beach during the day, but at night, the mosquitos such! 3. You can't flush toilet paper down the toilets...it's a little disgusting, but Greece is the best place ever, so we deal!

Another tid bit...my mom reminded me my name is Greek! YAY! Now if I could only find a hot Greek man so that my last name was Greek too and we could have a summer home here...

No comments:

Post a Comment